Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Open Source Life

I believe information should be free. The Open Source model is just that: I work on a project, say a piece of software, and share the source code with the community. Someone else takes my work and improves on it, then still another improves on that, and so on. Shared information for the betterment of all. That is the core philosophy behind a lot of what I do.

With that in mind, I wanted to do something different. There are a myriad of financial websites, books, blogs, x-step programs, products, etc. etc...most of which are trying to get something out of the reader. "Buy into this program and I'll help you become rich," they all promise. But is that really necessary? What if I want to share the information I have with you, no strings attached? Wouldn't that be a refreshing change...

Now, I will be sharing referral links on most of the services I review. If you sign up using that link or referral code, I will get a small kick-back, usually $0.50 to $1.00, with a few exceptions (and sometimes you'll get a head start with free money in whatever account you set up!). It won't cost you anything, and the sign-up process will be the same as if you didn't use my link or code. So rather than asking for donations via PayPal--which is incredibly tacky, in my opinion--you can say "thank you" just by using the links I post in the blog to check out these different services. If you don't stay with the service, no problem, and if you do, you'll have your own link or code that you can share with your friends, and get your own bonuses. That's it!

Thanks for joining me, and I hope you truly are enriched by being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the high concentration of bots and spammers, all comments require approval. This typically happens in a few hours or less.